Sumpter Twp. couple wanted for murder of girl, 4, arrested in Georgia


Police are searching for a woman and her boyfriend in connection with the death of a 4-year-old MI girl who was found with severe burns, WDIV reported.

According to police, they are searching for 24-year-old Candice Diaz and 28-year-old Brad Fields.

Fields and Diaz are charged with felony murder, second-degree murder, and first-degree child abuse and torture, according to a press release issued Monday, Jan. 8, from the Sumpter Township Police Department.

Investigators said they believe the couple is driving in a black, 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier with MI license plate DTR1854.

Two days later, the Washtenaw County Medical Examiner ruled the child's death as a homicide with evidence of multiple traumatic injuries and signs of Battered Child Syndrome.

A police news release stated that officers and paramedics went to the couple's mobile home on New Year's Day following a 911 call reporting an unresponsive child.

Daughter of Eric Garner dead at 27 following heart attack
With former president Obama, Garner criticized his reactions to her father's death and the slow pace of the DOJ investigation. In July 2014, police endeavored to capture Eric Garner for purportedly offering cigarrettes wrongfully in Staten Island.

Family members were administering CPR when officers arrived, police said.

She was taken to the hospital and shortly after pronounced dead.

MI police charged Candice Diaz and Brad Fields in the death of Diaz's four-year-old daughter.

Police records show that the incident wasn't the first time there was trouble at the home.

Along with discovering blood inside the home, an investigator noted this: "The smell in the house was quite foul due to old garbage, decaying food, uncleaned dishes, dog urine on the living room floor, dog feces in the children's room, a rabbit with unchanged wood shavings and general uncleanliness". The Wayne County Prosecutor's Office later issued a warrant for the arrest of Diaz and Fields, according to police. She pleaded guilty to weapons charges and received probation.