Man, 27, arrested after NY bus station blast


NY [U.S.A.] Dec 11 (ANI): The explosion near Times Square on Monday morning was a terror attack in which the attacker has been taken into custody in injured condition, said authorities. The explosion, which happened around 7:30 a passageway under 42nd Street between 7th and 8th avenues, triggered a massive emergency response by the NYPD and FDNY both above and below ground, tangling subway and bus service.

- Ullah lives in Brooklyn and is of Bangladeshi descent, two law enforcement sources said.

Four people were injured as a man set off an improvised explosive device at New York City's commuter hub during rush hour on Monday. The official said the suspect waived his rights to counsel before speaking with investigators.

The police have confirmed that apart from the suspect, three other people have suffered non- life-threatening injuries.

The person arrested had a pipe bomb strapped to him when it went off on a subway platform, a law enforcement official said.

He had a black cab/limousine driver's license from 2012 to 2015, after which it expired, the New York Taxi and Limousine Commission said.

Pope criticizes Trump's decision to move U.S. embassy to Jerusalem
In his remarks, Pope Francis said the Holy Land was the "land par excellence of dialogue between God and mankind". The Pope made comments to a group of visiting Palestinians involved in inter-religious dialogue with the Vatican.

The 27-year-old man believed to have set off a pipe bomb in the New York City subway came to the U.S. from Bangladesh seven years ago with a type of preferential visa for people with relatives who are USA citizens or permanent residents, according to the Associated Press, citing sources.

In a statement, President Donald Trump said the attack emphasized the need for USA immigration reforms.

Police told HuffPost they were unsure whether the reported explosion was inside the Port Authority building or the subway system. "Info is preliminary, more when available". Some subway train lines were evacuated following the explosion.

NY state Governor Andrew Cuomo, speaking at a news conference near the site, described the device as "amateur-level".

"I heard boom and saw smoke and we all started running up the steps", Bethea said.

On Oct. 31, eight people were killed and a dozen more injured after a truck plowed into pedestrians near the World Trade Center. It was the first deadly terror attack in NY since 9/11.