Arrested Suspect for the Attacks in Munich Earlier Today

Share

In July 2016, a German-Iranian teenager who police say was obsessed with mass murderers, shot dead nine people at a Munich shopping mall before turning the gun on himself.

The man attacked people with his knife at random, causing light injuries to eight people: a 12-year-old boy, six men and one woman, said Andrae. They mainly had superficial stab wounds and in at least one case had been hit.

Police spokesman Marcus da Gloria Martins said the man was arrested about three hours after Saturday morning's incident in an area near downtown Munich.

"There are absolutely no indications at present of a terrorist, political or religious background, though we can only rule things out when all the questioning is finished", Chief Andrae said.

Trump launches petition to stand for national anthem
"We believe our players should stand for the national anthem ", Goodell said (via NFL Network's Andrew Siciliano). Earlier this week NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell met with about half of the NFL owners.

The suspect is believed to suffer from mental health problems.

The police department said on Twitter that officers are looking for the assailant "with all available police forces".

"We have arrested a suspected person".

Munich police have detained the man who probably attacked people with a knife. Police had asked residents to stay home until they find the attacker who had fled on a bicycle.

Share