Dana White announced on ESPN's SportsCenter that GSP will go up against reigning middleweight champion Michael Bisping, who has clamored for this fight for nearly a full year.
St-Pierre (25-2) recently agreed to terms on a new contract with the UFC, signalling the end of a three-year hiatus from the sport, which included relinquishing his welterweight strap immediately following his November 2013 split decision win over Johny Hendricks.
Plenty will be excited about the return of St-Pierre, as he's among the most talented competitors to feature in the UFC.
Bisping captured the middleweight belt from Luke Rockhold at UFC 199, then made a successful title defense against Dan Henderson. The UFC is now targeting the second half of 2017 for GSP-Bisping, per White, although a date and venue have yet to be finalized.
New Trump order drops Iraq from travel ban list
The Iraqi parliament even considered banning US citizens to Iraq in response, potentially endangering the counter-ISIS effort. But Stephen Miller, a senior policy adviser, said last week that the new order would "have the same basic policy outcome".
Canadian St-Pierre and Englishman Bisping will be in Las Vegas for a press conference on Friday. If they were to offer that fight, as I said, there's been no word of that yet.
Bisping is undoubtably one of the only fighters who can match the number of St-Pierre's UFC accolades.
This matchup may also come as a surprise to some as White was also on record stating St-Pierre could potentially drop down to lightweight ahead of his return. He has to go through USADA and be tested by USADA for the next three months. Georges St-Pierre is now listed as the -150 favorite.
We spoke with Bisping back in October when the UFC was still trying to put the fight together and "The Count" told us GSP was the one causing all the problems. He is now riding a career-best five-fight UFC win streak that includes a harrowing victory over Octagon legend Anderson Silva. St-Pierre hinted last summer that he was preparing for a comeback and admitted that he got the conversation started in February 2016 with then-owner Lorenzo Fertitta. "I'll guarantee you right now, hand on my heart".